3.11.12

A Rare Moment

A tee and skirt
Cap: bardot
Sunglasses: Sportsgirl
Lipstick: Mac
T-shirt: Shakuhachi
Skirt: Ksubi
Shoes: Wittner 
I actually can't believe that I went out of the house in a simple denim skirt and a white tee today. These things never happen. Given the fact that I also had a leather cap, buckle sandals, leopard matte sunglasses and a nice red lip. Nevertheless the main pieces of my outfit were super plain and simple. My great high waisted denim skirt is Ksubi and my super comfortable white t-shirt is Shakuhachi. I hate to say it but maybe sometimes simple is better ... maybe! 


After the month's Pyrmont Grower's Market this morning KJ and I headed over to "The Star's Antidote" cafe for a coffee. Voted as one of Sydney's best coffee spots, we were expecting a lot. 


The joint is super cute. It has both outdoor seating and inside communal seating. The main feature is the huge counter filled with a huge array of sweet and savoury treats displayed on top. Another great feature of the cafe is the quirky artwork. Lots of fifties style pieces with great quotes. The centre artwork is definitely the huge neon illuminated sign horizontally positioned  above the counter which reads "taste the hit". It took me a few awkward leans to figure out what it said but I got there in the end! There is also a big map of the world which is hanging on the side wall which marks all of the "Antidote" locations across the world. I think I counted about half a dozen in total. 





The menu comprises pretty much of ... what you see is what you get! You have the choice of whatever savoury pastries, muffins, cakes, fresh fruit you can see on the bench as well as several varieties of pies and sandwiches which are kept in the glass cabinet on the back wall. 


They use "Mecca" coffee for their milk based coffees. A very good choice. The coffee was full flavoured, extremely creamy with a great nutty aftertaste. The coffee cups are super cool too. They have what I would call "the coffee periodic table" screen printed onto them. Cute as. 


It is situated next to the lobby of the boutique hotel "The Darling" so I am sure it has served some banging coffees to some big names. Luckily, it is creating a good reputation for Sydney coffee! 

Antidote
The Star
80 Pyrmont St
Pyrmont NSW 2009

Overall: 8/10
Ambiance: 8.5/10
Coffee: 8/10


Antidote on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment