1.11.12

I <3 My Boyfriend ... Jeans

Like A Boy
Sunglasses: Sportsgirl
Lipstick: Mac
Crop Top: Bardot
Jeans: Ksubi
Shoes: Windsor Smith
Clutch: Peter Alexander

After three months after putting my name on the waiting list I finally own the Ksubi 'boyfriend' jeans. It was an extremely long wait and I was sure I would be over them by the time they finally came in alas when I got the phone call last week saying they had arrived I was jumping for joy.


Boyfriend jeans are back in a big way and I feel they are here to stay (for a while). I have had sneak peaks at several designers collection for Winter 2013 and boyfriend jeans are making big appearances. Hooray! I will hopefully get good use out of them! 


Since owning them for a week, and wearing them pretty much every day for seven days I have had many compliments on them. I fear that I may never wear any of my other clothes again! Everyone wants to get their hands on a pair. However, I feel it may be difficult as each store only receives one pair in each size. I am sure they have probably almost sold out of them again already! I do advise anyone wanting boyfriend jeans to put their name down for a pair and stick out the wait. They are the best ones around and sure to be a good investment piece. 

I also love my black crop top which is embossed with black roses. It is almost quilted. Quite fantastic! It is extremely similar to a 'Josh Goot' crop top however without the exy price tag! Maybe one day I will be able to afford the real version! Worn with a white t-shirt underneath it gives it an edgy, different feel.

The other day KJ and I had lunch and coffee at 'The Counter' in Petersham. It is located in Audley Street a few doors down from newly opened restaurant 'Seed' (formerly Parama). 


It has both outside and inside dining available. When you first walk in there is a counter lined with delicious looking sweet treats and a sign that says 'order your take away coffee here'. If you are having it there they do table service. Two thirds of the inside is made up of an open kitchen where you can watch the head chef slave away on your meal! The cafe is all class with light wood and white furnishings with quirky accessories such as coloured steel fold up chairs hanging on the wall. 

Regular Latte $3.5 Large Latte $4

They use 'air coffee' for their milk based coffees, a brand of bean I have never tried before. KJ and I ordered our usual lattes except I had mine in a take-away cup (it stays hotter for longer). The blend they used was called 'Windor' and was full flavoured. It had hints of cocoa, hazelnut and caramel. Delicious! For their single origin they use 'Coffee Alchemy' beans. Need I say anymore! 


We shared the special which was a 'spinach and feta pie with two poached eggs and salad'. We asked them to hold the eggs as we felt it would be an egg overload as the pie already had enough egg in it! However, the lady next to us seemed to enjoy every last bite of her eggy goodness! The pastry was light, crispy and minimal and the filling was generous and perfectly cheesy. There is nothing worse than thick, soggy pastry full of an eggy mixture! The fresh salad of rocket and tomato with a lemon dressing was a great fresh contrast to the pie. We thoroughly enjoyed it! 

Spinach and Feta Pie $12

Other items on the menu included an extensive all day breakfast,  home made sandwiches and salads for lunch. All of which looked devine! 


Overall our bill came to $20 which is extremely reasonable. It was lovely to see that they lowered the price of the pie from $16.50 to $12 as we had no eggs. Often restaurants do not bother reducing the price, which in a way is wrong. 

It seems the cafe is a hit amongst locals. It was completely full and the table next to us had been in for breakfast and had returned for lunch. Obviously they are doing lots of things right! 

The Counter Cafe
96 Audley Street 
Petersham NSW 2049

Overall: 8.5/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Coffee: 8.5/10
Food: 8.5/10




The Counter Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment