17.10.12

Texture Baby 

Quilted Goodness
Bomber Jacket: Zara
Skirt: JW Anderson for Topshop
Boots: Wittner
Handbag: Forever 21, Los Angeles
Sunglasses: Sportsgirl
Watch: Swatch Watch


I should always go with my gut instinct when it comes to fashion choices. I fell in love with the 'JW Anderson for Topshop' quilted midi skirt with the spider print the moment I saw it. 

Unfortunately KJ did not and would not even let me try it on! On my second visit to 'Topshop' I actually tried it on and it was definitely as cool as I thought it would be however KJ once again was not convinced nor impressed in the slightest. One week later and I was still lusting over it. I decided that KC might have a more positive attitude towards the skirt. Thank goodness. She loved it! As did all of the sales assistances who convinced me to finally buy it. I know it is their job but they all seemed genuine! KC loved it so much that she bought it in black. It was a bit of a bold purchase for her. I was proud! Not going to lie I want it in black or the swirl print as well! 

Since purchasing the skirt I have seen it in two magazines, three people wearing a version of it and at least half a dozen people have commented on how they were thinking about buying it. Seeing it on me has convinced them to go and get it! 

Lesson of the day: You should always listen to Eloise! 

I frequent 'Gelato Messina' in Darlinghurst way too often but visited the Crown Street store for the first time on the weekend with KC and AB. I have been meaning to go for a while, not that there is a huge difference but I always end up at the original! 


It was exactly what I expected. Mouth watering gelato, crazy flavours, lines for days and a whole crowd of people spread down the street sitting on any object they could find while they enjoyed their scoop or two of deliciousness! 


Thank goodness I got in just before they took their specialty 'Cremino' off the menu. I don't think anything quite beats their 'Salted Caramel' but 'Cremino' might just do it. Salted caramel mixed with meringue, crushed amaretti biscuits and nutella. Need I say more! It was one scoop of that and one scoop of plain salted caramel for me. Surprisingly I wasn't salted caramelled out! I could eat it by the bucket load! 

Two Scoops $5

What I love about the 'Crown Street' store is that besides being slightly less crowded (I mean slightly) it is easier to park (again slightly). Although there are time limits, the parking is not metered. Hooray! 


I might just have to pop by for their latest creation 'Fior Di Latte' - jersey milk fior di latte gelato with hazelnut cream and chocolate sponge. 

Overall: 9.5/10
Ambiance: 8.5/10
Ice-Cream: 9.5/10



Gelato Messina Surry Hills on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment