16.10.12

Obsessed 

Three's A Charm
Shoes: Windsor Smith

Acne Inspired Windsor Smith Shoes

It is no self realisation that I become fixated on a fad but in the last week it really has been brought to my attention! I have already written several posts about how obsessed I am with the 'Balenciaga cut out boots' and how I already have two variations of the shoe! Well, I now have three! Of course I do! I definitely needed a white pair to match my black pair and my sandals! Der. 

'Windsor Smith' has a whole new range out. Black ones, white ones, pairs with studs, sandals, flatworm versions. You name it, they probably have it! I couldn't resist the chunky white cut out boots with hardcore silver buckles. They are fabulous, although I have to be careful of what I wear with them otherwise I may start to look a bit emo. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it just isn't my style! I had to restrain myself from their 'Acne' inspired sandals. They are delicious! Yes, I am using a word that is normally used when talking about food for fashion! It is taking all of my will power not to buy them. I will actually admit three pairs of a similar style of shoe is more than enough! 

I have been a bit M.I.A from the computer lately as my favourite friend KC was down from Brisbane. Boy, it was like a mini Sydney holiday for me. I took her to all of my favourite places. We dined out for every meal! Unfortunately I don't really have any new reviews as I had to take her to all of my favourite places. I couldn't risk trying somewhere new when we had such a limited amount of time! 

I did however take her to 'The Grounds' for lunch on Sunday. I actually haven't dined there since they launched their new 'Spring Menu'. The basic structure is the same. All day brunch options, salads, bigger meals and sandwiches. They have just swapped over to more seasonal produce. 


Being a Sunday it was packed. Of course. I went there expecting to wait over an hour. We were told one hour and twenty minutes and given a buzzer. The buzzer system is new. Great idea since the outdoor garden area is quite large and you may miss your name being called. It was a lovely day and as KC was trying to soak up all of the ambiance the waiting period flew by. We sipped our delicious coffees and snacked on a triple chocolate and raspberry muffin while we waited to be seated. Our table was ready in less than forty-five minutes. Every time I have had to wait for a table at the grounds the wait has always been shorter than estimated. This is great! So many places you get told an hour and you wait more than two (it happened to me on Saturday night). 


I was excited to try their 'Spring Salad' which comprised  kohlrabi, Tuscan kale, pear, radish, ricotta and breadcrumbs with preserved lemon dressing however I asked if they had a gluten free option. The salad minus the breadcrumbs. I didn't think that it would be a problem as it is quite a common request. However, it was unable to be done as the salad was pre-made. I doubt that the salad was pre-made as I find it hard to believe that they would have breadcrumbs sitting in a bit bowl of salad to go soggy before they were served. Surely the breadcrumbs are sprinkled over the top when the salad is dressed? Apparently not! 

The Grounds Burger $18
Broccoli $5.5

We then went to the other end of the spectrum and ordered 'The Grounds Burger' and some steamed broccoli with preserved lemon on the side. The burger is always a safe bet. I love how every time I have ordered it they have changed the bun and the presentation. It is always good to mix up such a staple item!


No need to talk about the great ambiance and decor of 'The Grounds' we all know it is fabulous and from previous posts I have made it very clear that I am a huge fan! 

Large Latte $4

The Grounds of Alexandria 
7A Huntley Street 
Alexandria NSW 2015

Overall: 8/10
Ambiance: 9.5/10
Coffee: 8.5/10
Food: 7/10 


The Grounds of Alexandria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment