19.10.12

A Theme A Day Keeps The Fashion Police Away

The More The Merrier
Sunglasses: Sportsgirl
Jacket: Vinnies
Singlet: Sportsgirl
Skirt: Valleygirl
Watch: Swatch Watch
Necklace: Diva
Shoes: Kazui
Handbag: Forever 21, Los Angeles
Lipstick: Nick Minaj for Mac


Today I received a compliment about how great it is that every day I dress in a different theme. I have never really realised that every outfit I put together reflects a theme. I then asked a reliable source if they thought the same. They agreed. Then I asked the question of how can you not dress in theme? They replied, "Well I'm just wearing shorts and a top, you would never just wear shorts and a top". It got me thinking. I do wear shorts and tops but, no I suppose it is never that simple. The shorts and top would be part of some theme e.g. sports luxe. A white tee and denim shorts just isn't me I suppose! 



Today is a great example of my 'theme' issue. Comics and cartoons all around! Comic jacket, ka-boom top, outrageous leopard print sunglasses that are totally appropriate, big pineapple stand out necklace ... check, check, check! 


Last night I had a sunset dinner in Hyde Park at the 'Night Noodle Markets' which are a part of the 'Crave Food Festival Sydney' that is running for the month of October. 



It really is such a great experience. I have been for four years in a row now and each year it keeps growing and growing. This year they have really out done themselves. Gone are the days of sitting on your blanket in the park (well you can still totally do that). It is quite upmarket now, real tables and chairs (and lots of them), VIP areas, several bar areas and entertainment. 

It truly has quadrupled in size! There are now four rows of eateries to choose from, a number of bars, eat art food trucks and much more! 


Garlic and Pepper Edamame from 'Umi Sushi' $5

The whole atmosphere is amazing. I have come to the conclusion that they don't operate on weekends because the city crowd is different during the week. It greatly appeals to the after work crowd, groups of friends enjoying a quite wine with their noodles and families soaking up the atmosphere. No rowdiness. No fights. No vandalism. Watching the sun go down and the fairy lights lighting up the park is beautiful. 


Now to the food. It is also a great opportunity to sample some of the best Asian Sydney has to offer. Top restaurants such as Umi Sushi, Jimmy Liks and Longrain are among those who have stalls. The best part is you can sample one signature dish from every acclaimed restaurant! 



It was highly recommended that I try the 'garlic and pepper edamame beans' from 'Umi Sushi'. I was unaware that soy beans could taste that good. Don't get me wrong, I am always eating and praising soy beans but these bad boys really took it to the next level. I had to go back for another bowl. I cannot stress enough how amazing they were. No lies! I also shared some freshly grilled scallops which were dressed with chopped peanuts and placed back in their shells from 'La Mint'. I always think scallops look so pretty when plated in their shells. Lastly, I shared the '$15 mixed platter' from the 'Dim Sum Station'. It was great to have such a wide variety - vegetable, prawn, scallop, chive and mushroom dumplings, two steamed dim sims, a pork bun and a delicious crispy vegetable spring roll. I saw people walking around with amazing looking 'san choy bow' but I unfortunately did not come across it.


Grilled Scallops from 'La Mint' $10


Delish! I really enjoy my experience at "The Night Noodle Markets' ever year. I can't wait to see what they do next year. According to social media I am defiantly not the only one that has been enjoying my fair share of noodles ... it appears that the whole of Sydney are making the trip into the city to get their little taste of Asia! 


Mixed Platter from Dim Sum Station $15

Night Noodle Markets
Hyde Park 
Sydney NSW 2000

Overall: 8/10
Ambiance: 9/10
Food: 7.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment