6.10.12

Red Leather, Yellow Leather

Another Addition
Cap: Cotton On
Sunglasses: Sportsgirl
Jacket: Zara


I may have an obsession with caps. No, not maybe, definitely! I recently purchased a black leather cap and yesterday I added a white PVC cap to my collection. My cap collection is getting larger by the minute! I seem to be making a regular habit of leaving the house with a jumper tied around my waist and a cap on my head... back in school I wouldn't have been seen dead in either let alone at the same time! 

Today KJ and I stopped off for coffee at 'The House Speciality Coffee' in Chippendale whilst out running errands. 

It is literally just a hipster run, hole in the wall coffee shop which is pumping out amazing 'Little Marionette' brews. 

When we approached the little corner shop KJ was a little wary. Not much signage, big barred doors and graffiti all over the outside walls. She asked me if I was sure we were in the right place. Of course we were, I had no doubt about it, totally what I expected. Inside the cafe there are a few tables and chairs, a massive counter and lots of posters of old rockstars. 


The barristers looked like they had come straight from 'The Boat that Rocked'. One sported a lovely big fedora hat and another was perched on the big open window half sitting out in the sun and half hanging over the counter. They were all very chilled and relaxed and extremely friendly. 

As they use 'Little Marionette' coffee beans I had high expectations for their coffee and luckily the did not disappoint. Given their name of course they have a 'Little Marionette' house blend. It is called 'Young Blood' and is a mix of three different beans. 

Large Latte $4
They are in a bit of an out of the way spot, not far from Parramatta Road however, you would not just stumble across it. It is definitely one for the locals and judging by the fact that the locals that walked in whilst we were there were addressed by name I'd say it is a hit! Damn, I wish I lived closer! 

The House Speciality Coffee
Suite 9/9 Knox Street
Chippendale NSW 2008

Overall: 8/10
Ambiance: 7.5/10
Coffee: 9/10





No comments:

Post a Comment