25.9.12

Special Occasion

Everything Old Is New Again
Head Piece: Spotlight
Dress: American Rag CIE, Los Angeles
Shoes: RMK
Clutch: Kate Spade
Watch: Swatch Watch


When I was in Los Angeles at the beginning of the year I bought the most incredible vintage dress from 'American Rag CIE'. It is possibly the best vintage store I have ever been into in the world. You are able to find great designer pieces at affordable prices, especially during their sales. It is a big, super quirky store. I was there during their sales which was even better! 

My dress cost me next to nothing, fair enough it isn't a label ... it almost looks like it has been hand made but who cares, it is stunning! The top of the dress is sleeveless and made out of plush black velvet with heart shaped buttons down the middle. The bottom of the dress is a gorgeous gold brocade which goes all the way down to the floor. Interwoven into the gold are small rows of blue and pink flowers. It is also right on trend for this season in Australia. Gold brocade is everywhere! 

Unfortunately, it is an extremely fancy dress and I have not previously had an opportunity to wear it as the bottom half of the dress is quite full on! That was until last night! 

Last night I was amongst Australia's most talented performing artists at 'The Helpmann Awards'. My first thought when I found out I was going was "fabulous, finally a chance to wear that beautiful dress which is attracting cobwebs". It was perfectly appropriate, I may have even been able to be more dressed up, if that is possible for me! 

The dress pretty much speaks for itself so my accessories were kept simple. I had a soft curl in my hair with a small flower wreath clipped on the side. I wore my mint and tan pointy toed heels. You were able to see the mint toe when I walked which was perfectly subtle but not boring. I finished the outfit off with my N.Y.C silhouette 'Kate Spade' clutch. 

My dress attracted a lot of attention and everyone admired the material. It is a very special dress and it has very fond memories of my time overseas attached to it. I do hope I get to wear it somewhere special again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment