11.9.12

By The Sea


Neon Nautical 
Sunglasses: Shakuhachi, Bali
Lipstick: Mac
Jumper: Big W
Watch: Swatch Watch
Clutch: Seed
Shorts: Country Road
Shoes: Zara




Necklaces: Sass and Bide "Make A Wish' Necklace and home made necklace

I love a good stripe as much as the next person. They are one thing that will always be in and always make an outfit look sophisticated (although I have seen some very tacky stripes)! Today I had on a light striped jumper with my cotton, knee length, white shorts. To make the stripe more current it has thinner neon yellow stripes down the bottom, which I love. I am also loving white at the moment and anything linen or cotton. These lovely 'Country Road' knee length shorts are great! Casual yet sophisticated, especially paired with my brogues. I was feeling a little bit neon nautical, a little bit rich lady who lunches today! Fabulous! 

I am a little bit late to join the band wagon but I finally invested in a 'Sass and Bide' 'Make A Wish' necklace. After seeing the little, delicate neon star around a girl's neck the other day I just had to have one. It is so pretty and delicate. I want one in every colour! What is even better is that all proceeds go to the 'Make A Wish Foundation'. It really is a win in every way! 

VI and I spent the day down at Bondi. Not swimming, it isn't quite that hot! As the weather is heating up the atmosphere down by the beach just gets better and better. We stopped off for coffee at 'Bondi Picnic'. 



Cute set up on the corner of Hall Street next to old faithfuls 'Skinny Dip' and 'Cafe Bondi'. It has such a lovely, relaxed vibe. It is almost like you are in the Hamptons or somewhere similar (especially with my outfit choice today). The cafe is full of natural light from the big windows that cover one wall. Wooden bench tops with white seats and stools filled the room. There are stripes on the wall, big blue overhead lamps, green plants and empty drink cartons which once again make it feel like we are not in Sydney anymore! It even had a cute picnic basket at the counter! 



This is the last place on my list of cafes that use 'Little Marionette' beans - 'The Sound' house blend. They are my favourite and never disappoint. No surprises here that the coffee is bang on. Perfectly creamy and rich! Well worth its one cup award. Best coffee on Hall Street. Hey, I am going to say it, in Bondi! 





We didn't eat but their menu looked great! It is heavily focused on breakfast dishes and then has a selection of sandwiches and sweets. The breakfast salad sounded very intriguing and something you don't see often. I will defiantly have to return for it!


Large Latte and Mocha $4 each

Now that I have my local Bondi coffee spot sorted I am sure I will spend even more time there over the Summer. 

Bondi Picnic 
101 Hall Street
Bondi NSW 2026

Overall: 8.5/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Coffee: 9/10



Bondi Picnic on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment