15.9.12

All White Party

Neutral 
Sunglasses: Prada
Top: SES
Shorts: Country Road
Shoes: Zara
Clutch: Press Barn, Bali
Necklace: Melrose and Fairfax Flea Market, Los Angeles



It seems that everything lately is white! White on white on white on white! I decided to join the trend today and wear all neutral colours. I love my knee length, tailored 'Country Road' shorts and I am still on the hunt (3 months later) for a pair of killer white linen pants. One day (hopefully sooner rather than later) I will find a winning pair! 

I finally had a late start to work this morning and was able to stop off for a coffee on the way. As you are aware I am a massive fan of 'Cafe Shenkin' in Erko. Their baked eggs are to die for, as are their chocolate desserts. Anyway, recently they have opened 'Cafe Shenkin Espresso' on King Street, Newtown. It is purely just a coffee stop shop. 

Large Latte $4

'Shenkin Espresso' uses 'Mecca' coffee beans as does 'Shenkin'. Regulars of 'Shenkin' will also be glad to know it has several cabinets of their home made sweets. Yes, all of their mouth watering chocolate croissants and pastries, chocolate pyramids and balls and we can't forget their salivating vanilla slice. Apart from coffee and desserts they have about four sandwiches on offer which are made freshly in the tiny open kitchen.

Assorted Croissants 

I purchased my standard latte and was happy to find that it was as creamy and smooth as its big brother 'Shenkin'. I couldn't leave without one of their vanilla slices. I am not usually a fan of them but these are an exception. Delicate pastry, creamy inside and very light. If you haven't had one I advise you to purchase one ASAP! 

I am so glad that 'Cafe Shenkin Espresso' has opened on King Street. If I am not up for a full brunch and just need a coffee whilst shopping up a storm down King Street this is more than perfect. 

Cafe Shenkin Espresso Bar
239a King Street
Newtown NSW 2042

Overall: 8/10
Ambiance: 6.5/10
Coffee: 8.5/10


Cafe Shenkin Espresso Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment