10.2.13

Fash


Mis-Matched
Hat: Dotti
Jumper: Shakuhachi
Shorts: Shakuhachi
Boots: Shag
Bag: Zara
Sunglasses: Sportsgirl
Necklace: Handmade 

Sometimes the best thing to do is throw on anything and everything without thinking about it and you come up with a real winner! There was really no thought process with this outfit. It was cold so I put on a sweater. I then thought my leather shorts could potentially match. The western style boots were added for height. The necklace was put on last minute as I thought it tied in with the roses on my shorts. Last but not least I put on my black wide brimmed hat before exiting the house, just for good measure. I didn't even bother looking in the mirror. I passed my mother on the way out and she raised an eyebrow stating, "well you look interesting today". Oh well! I was thinking to myself that maybe I should have ditched the hat, as teamed with the boots it might be a tad cowgirlish! 




Turns out everyone loved my outfit and I received glowing reviews all day!! Turns out sometimes the best decisions in life are the ones least thought about! 


Yesterday, KJ and I went to the newly opened "Brickfields" cafe in Chippendale. It appears to be the new trend amongst the Sydney cafe scene to not just be a coffee shop but more cafe/something else. We've seen the opening of cafe/hairdresser, cafe/bicycle shop and cafe/record shop just to name a few. "Brickfields" is essentially a cafe/bakery. On paper it should be a winner with Paul Geshos, formerly Mecca Espresso and bread master Simon Cancio. 



The fitout was done by "Cornersmith's" Smith and Carmody and focuses heavily on tiled walls, shelves with many jars of pickled vegetables, sacks of flour under the bench and steel furnishings. As soon as you enter the cafe you instantly get the "Cornersmith" vibe. The winner is definately the view from the green archway  into the wonderful bakery. You are able to watch the magical chefs making their bread from scratch. The smell is delicious! 



The menu is quite concise focusing mainly on the bread. There are about half a dozen bread options with different fresh produce toppings. If you aren't a wheat eater they also had a quinoa salad and a vegetable salad on offer. The pastry section of the counter consisted of four sweet treats. KJ and I decided to share the poppyseed and polenta cake. It was delicious, and being wheat free eliminated that after bloating feeling! The cake was liberally seasoned with poppyseeds and extremely moist with a nice tang! 

Poppyseed and Polenta Cake $4.5

With Geshos behind the coffee naturally you are going to have a great coffee. They focus on roasts from El Salvador. The coffee was bold yet silky smooth and deliciously creamy. Mind you they do not have skim milk on offer - so it is full cream, soy or nothing! They also do not have tea. They do however, offer various flavours of homemade mineral water which the waitress highly recommended - maybe next time! 

Latte $3.5


"Brickfields" was a pleasant experience and if I lived around the area I would probably return on a daily basis! 

Brickfields 
206 Cleveland St 
Chippendale NSW 2008

Overall: 7/10
Ambiance: 8/10
Food: 7/10
Coffee: 8/10



Brickfields on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/03/2013

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/04/2013

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/05/2013

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/06/2013

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7/30/2014

    Hola! I've been reading your web site for a
    long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from
    Humble Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the good work!


    Take a look at my website; Gucci Scarf Sale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10/18/2014

    Hello, juat wanted to mention, I loved this blog post.
    It was helpful. Keep on posting!

    my web blo :: mens burberry scarf

    ReplyDelete