25.8.12

Sunny Saturday

Seaside
Sunglasses: Shakuhachi, Bali
Earrings: Diva
Top: Zara
Handbag: Seed
Skirt: Tigerlily
Bracelet: Seminyak Markets, Bali
Shoes: Zimmerman


Finally a Saturday that isn't cold! Thank you weather gods! I took full advantage of the lovely weather today and ventured out of the house in almost Summer attire! I love my latest purchase, a "Tigerlily" maxi skirt which has splits all the way up the side. The print is amazing, I love the high splits and the tassle belt which gives it a very European vibe. Combined with woven "Zimmerman" flats it was the perfect outfit for a sunny day and super comfy! 

KJ and I visited "Vesbar Espresso" cafe in Marrickville today. It has only been open a few weeks and after visiting "Beejays" across the road earlier in the week I thought I would give "Vesbar Espresso" a go.

Regular Latte $3.50
Large Latte $4

Unfortunately I was not overly impressed. Most of the seating is outside on red milk crates which in Surry Hills would be considered super trendy. However, in the not so nice part of Marrickville the milk crates of "Vesbar Espresso" feel grungy. There are a few tables inside but the cafe is very narrow so you feels if you are sitting on top of the bar. There isn't really any ambiance at all. The waiters and owner were all a bit stressed and frazzled. We were going to sit down and try the Mediterranean breakfast plate which sounded great however, with all the chaos we opted for just take-away coffees. 


They use "Campos" coffee beans which I am not a huge fan of. If they are brewed well then they are ok. Unfortunately our coffees were burnt and quite bitter. They have an all day breakfast menu and an Italian inspired lunch menu. Their cabinet was filled with big pastries and sugary doughnuts filled with different fillings from A&P Sulfaro Pasticceria Italiana in Haberfield. Carb overload! I have heard good things about the Mediterranean breakfast but I don't think I will be returning for it, I would rather venture back over to "Beejays".


Maybe we just caught them at a bad time (lunch time Saturday)! The best part of the experience was the cool wooden cutlery,for us a spoon for our coffee! 

Vesbar Espresso
1 Warburton Street
Marrickville NSW 2204

Overall: 5/10
Ambiance: 4/10
Coffee: 5/10








Vesbar Espresso on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment