29.8.12

Khaki 

Smart Casual
Sunglasses: Shakuhachi, Bali
Bomber Jacket: Zara
Shirt: Moschino
Puffer Vest: Witcery
Skirt: Seminyak, Bali
Shoes: I Love Billy


Smart but causal. You should always have staple khaki pieces in your wardrobe. They never go astray. Even though I had on a puffer vest, a bomber jacket and kicks I managed to keep my outfit sophisticated by adding a collared shirt and clean lines. 



Today PB and I ventured to Double Bay for brunch. We went to popular "Bar Indigo" in Cross Street. "Indigo" has two inside seating areas, one with a bar and the other is next door. It also has an outdoor, alfresco dining area which is located in the island in the middle of the quiet street. The outdoor area is an instant attraction. It looks like an extremely pleasant place to have a casual lunch with big dark cane furniture surrounded by greenery. We sat inside next to a large open window which looked out onto the street front. It was very busy inside and out. We were surrounded by lunching ladies and people having business meetings. 


EBT $4
Mocha $4.50

Our waiter was very attentive. Taking our coffee orders straight away. PB had a mocha and I had a EBT. My EBT came at lightening speed, in a big teapot. I didn't manage to catch what coffee they use. The menu is quite large with a big focus on breakfast foods. It was broken into daily specials, from the  bakery, from the farm, breakfast favourites, from the garden, from the deli and lunch favourites. They also have quite an extensive drinks menu with a lot of fresh juice options.

 PB went with his favourite 'honey roasted leg ham benedict'. The poached eggs, herbs and ham were placed on a thick slice of soft Turkish bread and topped with hollandaise sauce. When he cut his eggs opened the yolk drizzled down onto the bacon and bread. Mouth watering! Not many places allow you to order egg white omelettes but they are on the menu at Indigo! I also loved that you were able to design your own omelette. This is quite unusual amongst cafes in Sydney. I ordered an egg white omelette with spring onion, truss tomato and spinach, hold the bread. I also ordered a side of sautéed mushrooms and baby spinach. When my meal was delivered PB and I were both in shock about how big the portion was! My omelette was huge! Perfect! It was super tasty and had plenty of filling. I struggled to get through it but powered on as it was too delicious. The baby spinach and mushrooms were equally delicious. Thank goodness I did not order any bread, I had absolutely no room for any more food! 





It was quite an expensive brunch. PB's was reasonable however with all my adages the cost of mine quickly escalated. They charge more for egg white omelettes, which I totally understand as it is a hassle. The omelette is a fixed rate and then each ingredient is added on top. My meal, including drinks came to just over $30 which is pricey for breakfast. It was however one of the best breakfasts, if not the best breakfast I have had in a really long time. As long as I don't go there every day I don't mind paying that much! 


Egg White Omelette $15.4
Adages - spring onion, truss tomato, spinach $2 each
Sides - sautéed mushrooms and baby spinach $4 each


Honey Roasted Leg Ham Benedict $17

Overall, we were very impressed with "Indigo". It had a great vibe and even more delicious food. If you are ordering something straight off the menu the prices are very reasonable, especially for the area. It is when you start adding sides that the price creeps up. I will have to wait until I can treat myself to an expensive breakfast again until I return but one thing is for certain, I will return!  

Bar Indigo
6/15 Cross Street
Double Bay NSW 2028

Overall: 8.5/10
Ambiance: 7.5/10
Food: 9/10
Drinks: 7.5/10




Bar Indigo on Urbanspoon

1 comment: