6.7.12

It is all about texture! 


Texture, texture, texture
Sunglasses: Prada
Lipstick: Mac
Dress: Zeitgeist
Boots: Kazui


Being the coldest day of Winter 2012 so far I had to rug up! What better way to do this than wear a wooly dress! It is all about wearing textured items at the moment and this dress hits the nail on the head. It is a thick woven material with sheer sleeves, leather cuffs and collar. It is also the winning combination of black and navy. I am obsessed with it (quite Shakuhachi inspired). 



My hairstyle and dark lip was inspired by a recent photograph of Mary-Kate Olsen dressed in her brand, "The Row". Mary-Kate is and will always be my fashion guru! 




This afternoon I went to see the "Edible Art" collection by the top chefs and designers of Sydney Westfield. On the way I stopped off at the popular "Mecca" coffee shop for a quick pick-me-up before what I knew would turn into retail therapy! I am a big "Mecca" fan but have only ever had their coffee beans from outsourced locations. It was exactly what I expected. The perfect cup of coffee! 


Mecca Espresso


To my disappointment there were only five outfits on display for "Edible Fashion". They were extremely interesting, intricate and well done and therefore left me itching for more! My favourite was "Neon Italia". The food was by "Alessandro Pavoni" of "Spiedo Restaurant and Bar" and the dress was by "Ginger and Smart". It was made entirely of different types of pasta. Genius! The others were made from food items such us meringue, peppercorns, sea salt crystals, clam shells, banana leaves and sesame seeds. It was lots of fun. I want to see more! 









 




Mecca Overall: 
Ambience: 7/10
Coffee: 9.5/10


Mecca Espresso
67 King Street
Sydney NSW 2000



No comments:

Post a Comment