7.9.12

Fashion Night Out

Life Of An Intern
Sunglasses: Shakuhachi, Bali
Blouse: Moschino
Pants: Bardot
Shoes: Royal Elastics
Handbag: Seed
Watch: Swatch Watch
Yesterday was a very long, fashion filled day. I went straight from a day of interning at 'Shakuhachi' to 'Vogue's Fashion Night Out' so there was no time for an outfit change. To be honest I wish I had had time to go home, freshen up and change into a more night time appropriate outfit but that wasn't possible! I did however get lots of comments on my 'Moschino' blouse with neon stitching. As I was doing a lot of running around I had it on with my black with white striped linen pants and kicks. 

I think it is pretty safe to say that most fashion lovers ventured into the CBD last night for Vogue's Fashion Night Out. Overflowing champagne, cocktails, Peroni, Belvedere Vodka, sparkling water, live DJs in most stores, silent disco, cupcakes, Oroton coffee, chocolates, Messina Ice-Cream, popcorn, fairy floss, nail art, half naked men, polaroid photo booths, Miranda Kerr, amazing clothes, crazy discounts and 120,000 people obsessed with fashion is pretty much my idea of heaven! Champagne and sweets while browsing boutiques, perfect! 

Chandon Champagne and Cupcakes on Pitt from Alannah Hill

The Cupcake Princess Cupcakes at The Corner Shop

Sportsgirl Cupcakes, Mulberry Balloons and The Strand Arcade

'The Strand Arcade' was where it was at for me. 'The Corner Shop' won me over. Amazing new collections in store by great Aussie and international designers and as always, impeccable decor and atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and fun - taking polaroids, pumping beats and dishing out Peronis, sparkling water and champagne left, right and centre. They also win the award for the best cupcakes. Deliciously moist, bite sized cupcakes and buttery, creamy icing by 'The Cupcake Princess'. I had fun browsing in all of the boutiques in 'The Strand' whilst sipping 'Chandon', eating 'Messina Gelato' and cupcakes from 'Cupcakes On Pitt'. 'Alannah Hill' is usually too girly for me but I am actually a fan of her new collection. 

Silent Disco at Gap

Messina Gelato from Dinosaur Designs and champagne from Seed

Belvedere Vodka

Belvedere Vodka

Pitt Street Mall was pumping with music and various VIP tents. Sydney Westfield also had many activities to participate in. David Jones was going off with live shows and their Spring flower display in the windows. Miranda Kerr walked the catwalk and many fashionistas and models were walking around. 

David Jones, Ksubi and Shakuhachi

Surprisingly I didn't splurge as much as I thought I would. I was too engrossed with all the fun activities. Of course I bought an item or two!! Overall, it was a full on, exciting night out. Certainly a change from your average Thursday late night shopping! After consuming too many glasses of champagne, overdosing on sweets and trailing around the shops I slept extremely well last night! 



No comments:

Post a Comment