13.7.12

It's Showtime! 


Goulburn Shieke!
Sunglasses: Mimco
Vest: Witchery
Bomber Jacket: Zeitgeist
Tracksuit Pants: Big W
Sneakers: Nike
Today was the last day of the "Jesse and the Jester" show in Goulburn. I am back in Sydney, hooray! As much as I enjoyed the last three days in my workout outfits I will be glad to get back to dressing up! FYI, I am way too over dressed for Goulburn in this outfit! I conveniently left my ugh boots, trackies and over sized hoodie in Sydney! 


Top Left: Spinach and goat's cheese tart with rocket, pear and walnut salad, roasted sweet potato and avocado with black bean and ginger dressing
Bottom Right: Rose water and pistachio meringue

I got back to Sydney just in time for a late canteen style meal at my favourite lunch spot, Kitchen by Mike. Kitchen by Mike is located in a warehouse in Rosebery. These style of cafes are the current trend in Sydney. More and more keep popping up! Kitchen by Mike shares the space with Koskela, an interior store. It serves gourmet style canteen food which differs daily (they do have some staple items such as the popular chilli corn). Mike sources the freshest and most seasonal produce from markets daily. They serve breakfast and lunch (although I have never made it in time for breakfast) and dinner twice a month. It is first in, first served. The food is presented in big ceramic bowls behind a long counter and served by staff (and usually Mike). You line up for your food and point to what you would like on your plate as you get to the counter. While you are lining up you are able to see the food constantly being prepared in the open kitchen behind the counter. There is always a wide selection of salads and vegetables, meat dishes, soups, breads, tarts and pizza as well as other daily surprises. To fill your plate up it will cost you about $20-30 dollars depending on what you get. They also do great coffee and desserts. 


Chilli corn, cabbage, apple and walnut salad, chickpea salad, cucumber salad, winter vegetable salad, sweet potato, margarita pizza, chicken with roasted chestnuts, freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh lemonade 

Today there were five of us so we had a broad range of dishes! Pretty much a bit of everything! I have been multiple times for lunch, it is constantly changing so it never gets boring! Some of my favourite dishes include: margarita pizza, goat's cheese and spinach tart, chilli corn, roast pumpkin, cabbage salad, warm winter vegetable salad and their meringues. Pretty much everything! I can't think of anything I have had that hasn't been delicious. If I am being really picky the blue vein cheese in the rocket salad was a bit overpowering! 


Bottom Left: Gruyere and bacon tart, roasted sweet potato, cabbage, apple and walnut salad
Bottom Right: Margarita pizza, cucumber salad, chilli corn, warm winter vegetable salad

It is a great atmosphere, extremely friendly. There are several communal tables as well as some smaller ones. It has a real American school mess hall vibe. It is also great (or dangerous) for a spot of shopping after breakfast or lunch! 



Globe artichoke, garden salad, chilli corn and margarita pizza

As far as cafes similar to Kitchen by Mike go, it is the best! I am constantly giving it glowing reviews and have possibly dragged almost all of my friends to lunch there! I think I may be in love! 



Kitchen By Mike
85 Dunning Avenue
Rosebery NSW 2018

Overall: 9.5/10
Ambience: 9.5/10
Food: 9.5/10
Drinks: 9/10




Kitchen By Mike on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/11/2014

    I know this web page provides quality depending posts and additional material, is there any other web site
    which presents these kinds of things in quality?

    Feel free to surf to my web-site Filing Bankruptcy

    ReplyDelete